This role will work alongside a team of talented engineers building out a node.js / TypeScript / GraphQL service-oriented architecture supporting a brand-new Angular user interface layer. Ideal candidates should be passionate about new technologies and comfortable troubleshooting challenges across all parts of the system, especially our middle-tier node.js services and APIs. There will also be opportunities to work with a wide range of third-party payment processing and financial trading APIs and integrations as we create a centralized, modular experience for financial brokers and their clients.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering peers to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Build out Node.js/Typescript/GraphQL web services and Angular-based user interfaces.
- Assist in operating and maintaining your team’s services in distributed AWS cloud environments.
- Drive quality by writing documentation and unit/performance tests for your own code.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable.
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming (because it’s good for all of us).
- Stay current on new technologies, industry trends, best practices, frameworks, et al.
- Develop leadership traits through collaborative decision-making and peer reviews.
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure.
- You have worked in an Agile development environment running Scrum (or other agile methodologies) within a team.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Strong commitment to lifelong learning and professional development.
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrable communication skills and attention to detail.
AWESOME SKILLS THAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- You’ve earned the tech stack diversity badge by using a variety of tech stacks: bonus points for .NET/C# and/or third-party integration experience.
- Your experience includes MongoDB and/or Document Database Design
- You’ve dabbled in the dark arts of serverless apps using AWS Lambda or similar services.
- You’ve developed an unhealthy passion for board games and/or Mario Kart.
- Mad ninja skills.
- Attractive salary
- Generous PTO and holiday calendar
- Competitive health insurance packages
- Nice atmosphere without corporate baggage
- Team game nights!
- International environment with multi-national talent and reach
- Be a part of a young and growing development team
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
CurrentDesk is a young, fast-growing international company. We provide modern, unique software solutions for the FOREX and financial brokerage industry. We are the market leader in our industry and our products are used by brokerages on nearly every continent. The global FOREX market is estimated to be $10B with continued growth over the next 10 years.
With an exciting product roadmap and a fast-growing international team, CurrentDesk is redefining what’s possible online.